Troops to Truckers: Hiring Events and Expedited CDL Licensing
Calling all Veterans, Reserve, National Guard and Active Duty Service Members! Find employment as a commercial truck driver by attending our Troops to Truckers hiring events (RSVP below). You’ll have a chance to meet representatives of trucking companies looking to employ veterans and, if you meet certain qualifications, also earn a commercial driver’s license (CDL) by taking only the written test portion of the state licensing exam. The State of Florida grants exemption from the road test portion for military personnel who testing an edit
- are currently serving on Active Duty, National Guard or Reserve or have separated from service no more than 90 days before applying for the Federal Motor Carrier Administration’s Military Skills Test Waiver, and
- have operated a motor vehicle representative of the Commercial Driver License classification they are applying to operate for at least two years immediately preceding this application
To be eligible for your CDL, you need to complete the forms listed below, one of which must be signed by your commanding officer or transportation officer.
Facility dates & locations
- May 6th: 9500 Armed Forces Reserve Drive, Orlando, FL, 32827
- 8:00 am to 12 pm for Testing (Testing, eye exam, issuance of licence).
- 11 am to 2 pm – Trucking Career Fair – Open only to those who tested in the morning.
- 2 to 4 pm – Trucking Career Fair – Open to all veteran job seekers.
Event participants will need all of these forms completed prior to arrival:
Trucking Companies who would like to attend and speak to veteran job seekers can register by contacting Ben Shultz at the Florida Trucking Association: (850) 222-9900 or Ben@fltrucking.org.